With the sucess of my workshops spurring me on, not to mention numerous requests from happy workshop folk high on their new papercutting addiction (plus a little sugar rush from afternoon cakes), I have decided to get you lovely lot to have a go at cutting your own.
WOWSER I hear you exclaim! Tell me more...
Well, ok then. My papercut family tres have always been a firm favourite with customers since I started making them back in my 'She Shed' in 2011. I've designed and cut thousands and thousands. So I thought, hey - let's teach people how to hand cut their own!
You will stare at your wonderful creation that YOU MADE - people will gasp in silent wonder and awe at your incredible scalpel skills!
See that? YOU can cut that. No, honestly.
So firstly, I'm hosting an all new PAPERCUT FAMILY TREE WORKSHOP on Saturday 24th September 10am-4pm here at Kyleigh's Papercuts HQ in Wimborne, Dorset.
You very own pre-designed personalised family tree (for up to 6 names) will be waiting for you when you arrive (designed by lil' ole me). So NO DESIGN SKILLS are neccessary on your part.
• Tea or coffee and biscuits on arrival at the shop/studio
• We'll work through x3 practise sheets to ease you in
• We'll break for a hot LUNCH provided from the Riverside Cafe (next door)
• Two quality scalpels, spare blades and cutting mat are included - and are yours to KEEP
• Experience the addictive nature and relaxing art of papercutting your own personalised artwork
• There'll be delicuous afternoon tea and CAKES GALORE
• x2 more templates of your tree to cut at home (perfect for presents!)
followed by intense GLUTTONY.
What's NOT included
• A floating frame - but framing will be available at the end of the day at a special reduced rate (which I'll honour if you want to finish your tree at home - bring it back another day for me to frame)
• A glittering unicorn
How much? £120
Times: 10am - 4pm
Where? Kyleigh's Papercuts, 10 Mill Lane, Wimborne, Dorset BH21 1JQ
I'm sold! HOW DO I BOOK?
BOOK HERE - be sure to have the names for your family tree to hand
Places are limited so go go go!
Secondly, I cannot WAIT to tell you about my new DIY papercut family tree box! I'm putting the finishing touches to it as we speak - just a few more tweaks and you'll be able to order templates of a personalised family tree for you to cut in the comfort of your own home.
Yes you can cut in your pants. Surrounded by cats.
This will be perfect to buy as Christmas presents - order their family names on a tree, cut it in October/November and be the ENVY of everyone by giving such a thoughtful, beautiful and HAND MADE gift.
I'll be making my floating frames available to buy seperately too, for you to frame your creations.
So that's in the pipeline.
ALL exciting stuff!
Until then, I will be celebrating turning the ripe old age of *mumble*
That's right. I'll be the number of the ANSWER to the QUESTION of Life, The Universe and Everything in it.
(Douglas Adams fans will know it)