It is HEARTWARMING to know you now feel comfortable about attending my Dorset papercutting workshops and I want you to know my priority is the safety of you ALL during this, our new normal.
If you are booked onto a papercut workshop but are uncomfortable attending this year for ANY reason, you are more than welcome to move them to a different date this year or next year. Please do get in touch.
Likewise if you have a gift voucher for a papercut workshop – I will honour them for a further YEAR front of your gift voucher.
But if you’re RARING to get papercutting and nattering over a delicious array of cakes and biscuits, then I’ve listed my safety procedures for your perusal and reassurance.
- Maximum of 4 students at a time with one huge table each which allows for 1m+ social distancing
- All the workshop tables, toilet and kitchen surfaces are disinfected regularly
- I will keep my distance from participants unless we are both happy for me to be closer. If that is needed to help you it will be side by side and not face on and for no longer than 5 minutes.
- Each workstation will have the tools and equipment needed which will have been disinfected to reduce the handling of shared tools as much as I can
- The scalpels and cutting mats are disinfected
- Where possible I keep the studio door open during workshops
- A hand sanitisation station is at the entrance of the studio and participants will be required to use this on entering
- Everyone using the toilet will be required to wash their hands before as well as afterwards
- I recommend you bring your own refreshments, however I am happy to make drinks for those who would like one. You are welcome to bring your own mug if you’d prefer.
- If your workshop includes lunch it will be provided by The Riverside Cafe next door who are fully up to speed with the current guidelines and have a 5 cleanliness rating. All their staff wear facemarks and will deliver your lunch to you at your workstation.
- I am happy for you to wear a face mask during the workshop, I will have some available to buy or please bring your own. If we ALL agree during the workshop that we are happy with the distancing then we can work without masks.
- I will have track and trace details for all workshop participants. I will be asking participants who become ill with coronavirus COVID-19 symptoms within 2 weeks of attending one of my workshops to notify you so I can implement track and trace.
- I will ask participants if they have travelled anywhere with an outbreak/local lockdown in the last two weeks to re-arrange their workshop date.
I really hope this makes you feel safe. If there’s any other measure you feel I should do to reassure you please just get in touch.
Coming soon, online workshops… no need for hand sanitiser there sitting in your own filth on zoom eh? More details will follow as soon as they are bookable.